Sunday, October 13, 2013

An Heritage of the Lord

A couple of days my twin sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.   Lily Ruth Ure was born October 11, 2013 at 12:01 am, and weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches.  In a month from today I will get to hold my  niece.  I already love this precious little girl so much!


With all of the excitement of having a newborn in my family, I just wanted to take this opportunity to share what prophets and apostles have taught about children.

President Boyd K. Packer has said, "Children are the past, the present, and the future all blended into one. They are consummately precious. Every time a child is born, the world is renewed in innocence."

The Psalmist wrote, "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." (Psalms 127:3)


The Savior was very straightforward about the severity of abusing one of God's children.  He said, "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." (Matthew 18:6)

Children are so precious to our Heavenly Father.  He loves them because He truly is their Father.  He is placing His trust in us every time we have the opportunity to care for and influence one of His children.  We are responsible for His children and He will hold us accountable for our actions.

I am so excited to be an aunt!  I am looking forward to seeing sweet little Lily grow up and feel so privileged to be a part of her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment